For the past 25 years I have been in several technical and leadership roles, working at network equipment vendors: Juniper Networks, Verivue (acquired by Akamai), and Lucent Technologies.
Technical interest keywords:
- Networking (core, edge, cloud, data center, service providers, enterprise, ...)
- Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Networking Protocols: BGP, OSPF, ISIS, MPLS, LDP, RSVP, OpenFlow, ...
- Juniper product portfolio (Junos, MX, PTX, QFX, EX, NFX, Contrail, ...)
- Virtualization (virtual machines, containers, AWS, docker, ...)
- Software architecture for large scale systems
- Large scale software development processes and project management
- Programming languages: C, C++, Erlang, Python, ...
- Quantum Computing
I am currently on an extended sabbatical, traveling to and hiking in the most remote corners of the world I can find. Follow along on my Flickr photo album (www.flickr.com/photos/brijsman/albums) and my travel blog (hikingandcoding.com).
While traveling, I continue to work on open source projects (e.g. RIFT) that I am passionate about and to study topics that I did not have time for before (e.g. Quantum Computing).